Pursuing Justice Throughout Georgia
Damany F. Ransom
For more than two decades, Damany has represented clients in high-stakes personal injury and business litigation cases. He started his legal career working as a law clerk for a federal judge in New Orleans. He then joined one of the country's largest law firms, where he spent years defending personal injury, product liability and commercial litigation cases for corporate defendants. He achieved great successes for his clients and rose through the ranks of the law firm to make partner.
In February 2017, Damany started The Ransom Firm to provide top-notch legal representation to accident victims and their families. He now takes on the big corporations and insurance companies. His experience as a law clerk and as a defense attorney sets him apart from many plaintiff's attorneys. Having worked as a defense lawyer, Damany is very familiar with the tactics and strategies they employ. He uses that knowledge to overcome those defense tactics and strategies, and to help his clients maximize their recovery.
Damany represents clients in a variety of personal injury matters, including motor vehicle collisions, wrongful death, premises liability claims, and product liability cases. Damany also represents victims of unfair business dealings in business litigation cases involving claims such as professional liability, breach of contract, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and other business torts.
In just a few short years since starting The Ransom Firm, Damany has developed a track record of success. He has recovered millions in compensation for clients in countless personal injury and business litigation cases.
- The University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- J.D. - 2001
- Morehouse College, Atlanta, Georgia
- B.A. - 1998
- Major: Finance
Professional Honors & Achievements
- Appointed by the judges of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia to serve a three-year term on the court's Magistrate Judge Merit Selection Panel (2016 – 2019)
- Selected as one of Georgia's "Rising Stars" (the top 2.5% in the state) by Atlanta magazine and Georgia Super Lawyers magazine (2010 – 2016)
- Selected as one of "Georgia's Legal Elite" in Business Law by Georgia Trend Magazine (2012); in Personal Injury (2013, 2015)
- Selected for the 2015 Fellows Program of the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity
- Baker Donelson, Shareholder
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Karen Wells Roby of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana